When you are using ConEmu it’s possible to run multiple Windows consoles in a single window. When you are using PuTTy to ssh to your server, it would be nice to also have it as a tab in ConEmu.
To do that you will need Plink. This is a command-line interface to the PuTTY back ends. With Plink you can connect to the saved sessions from PuTTy, so you don’t have to specify your connection twice.
- Download plink.exe from the PuTTy website.
- Open the ConEmu settings and go to the Tasks window. Click on the + below the “Reload…” button.
- Fill in a name for this task.
- Fill in “/single” at the task parameters.
- Now first add the path to the plink.exe you have download.
“D:\Documents\plink.exe -load “Vagrant” -new_console”
- Between the quotes add the name of the session you have saved at PuTTy. In my case “Vagrant”.
- Save the settings.
View the screenshot below for the settings.